One thing we love about summer is that it gives you a valid excuse
to eat ice cream. But good ice cream doesn't always come from a shop. And if
you’ve ever been put off making your own ice cream because you don't have an
ice cream maker, you'll be pleased to know that our strawberry ice cream needs
no fancy machinery.
Why buy an expensive ice cream maker when you will only bring it out twice a year? For this all-natural homemade ice cream you will need:
1. 750 g strawberries (plus five extra for decoration)
2. 375 ml of coconut cream (this can also be substituted with double cream)
3. 100 g raw cane sugar
4. 1 lime, juiced
5. 1 vanilla pod
6. A deep baking dish
1. Hull the strawberries and coat with the sugar, lime juice and the vanilla pod. Leave it to soak for an hour.
2. Mash the strawberries and then strain through a sieve.
3. Mix the pureed strawberries with the coconut cream.
4. Slice the extra strawberries and add to the mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a baking tin and place in the freezer. Leave to set for about 2-4 hours.
6. Let your ice cream soften a little once removed from the freezer and then scoop into
cones to create that genuine gelato feel.
Once you’re done, tidy up by using a dishwashing soap like Joy
, that’s not just effective thanks to its Zero Sebo, but also really good for sensitive skin. Keeping your kitchen clean means zero worries for germs and enjoying your yummy and healthy meals!
Have you tried making ice cream at home before? Share your tips below!
Have zero worries thanks to Joy’s Zero Sebo! Get your liquid at special prices on Shopee