The wet season is Asia is not definitive as rain occurs almost every month, although the rainy season in South East Asia occurs mainly from December to March and from June to September. These months often coincide with school holidays, so the chances that your kids fall ill due to colds and flus are higher.
Part of keeping illness at bay is making sure the kids don't get caught in the rain. Besides wearing the proper clothes to keep warm and protected from storms, having an umbrella nearby helps to ensure little heads stay dry and cold-free.
Think about what you want from an umbrella. Is keeping the rain off enough, or are you looking for something convenient that fits neatly into your glove box? Different umbrellas suit different occasions, but whatever you seek, there are heaps of options.
- Classic Umbrella - This is the most common type of modern foldable umbrellas. Commonly made with metal of polyesther shafts with microfiber fabric canopys to keep the rain off, these umbrellas are your everyday portable shelters from storms.
- Foldable umbrellasÂ - These nifty little umbrellas are your lifesavers in sudden showers. When folded, they are small enough to keep in your handbag. Carry around two or three for the kids to have one each if you find yourselves in wet weather after shopping. If you're on a family vacation, foldable umbrellas are easy to pack and store in carry-on bags.
- Bubble UmbrellasÂ - You can recognise these by their spherical-shaped canopies that seem to cover its user's face entirely, so the canopies are usually made with clear plastic. These are great for kids who love to peer out at the rain while keeping their faces dry.
- Storm UmbrellasÂ - Storm umbrellas are usually made with extra strong, reinforced material and are also sometimes double layered to hold out from blowing upwards in huge storms. These sturdy portable shelters are usually large enough for two adults, or one adult and two kiddies.
- Automatic UmbrellasÂ - Umbrellas that open and close at the touch of a button. Perfect if you've got a bag of groceries in one hand and need to get to the car.
- Golf Umbrella -Â Golf umbrellas have extra-large canopies (over 70 inches in diameter) to shield golfers and their equipment adequately from the rain. Having at least one of these handy in the car will ensure the family is properly sheltered during a storm.
Umbrellas are essential tools to have handy, so invest in a quality one today and face the rain with confidence.