Not only does a clean desk look better, it encourages kids to do their homework. The benefits include improved productivity levels, better attention and concentration (as a result of less visual clutter), improved fine motor accuracy and better overall posture- music to a Mom's ear!
Top tidy tips:
• Supply a few containers in which to keep stationery and other bits and bobs. Neat cardboard boxes, tins and bowls work well.
• Provide basic stationary with which to organize work, including a stapler, paperclips, files, sticky notes and a paper punch.
• Add a pin board above the desk for notes and reminders.
• Make sure there's a trash can close at hand.
• Add a container of disinfectant wipes to the desk, so that it's easy to wipe after the day's work is done.
• Add a bookshelf where files and books can be kept.
• Keep distracting objects to a minimum (e.g. toys, decorations and photo frames).
• Encourage your child to regularly discard old papers by positioning a paper recycle bin close by.
* Finally, after your child is done with work, make sure to remind him or her to wash his or her hands and be rid of germs using a gentle yet effective soap like Safeguard.