Create A Perfect Family Photo for Christmas
Capture merry and memorable holiday moments with these visual tips.
The annual family picture at Christmas is a time-honored tradition and a perfect way to keep a record of your children as they grow up. But year after year, the classic posed photo starts to look repetitive and lackluster. This year, buck tradition and opt for a more creative approach with one of these ideas:
A Special Christmas Twist
How often have we seen the same photo of a smiling family sitting on the sofa next to the Christmas tree? Transform this standard portrait into something meaningful and personal by adding a timely touch to indicate when the photo was taken.
Honor a milestone or special event that happened during the year, like an anniversary or graduation . Find inspiration from a favorite book, movie or painting
Wear something seasonal like Santa hats or color coordinate your clothes
Ask your kids to choose a theme that reveals something about your family life
Try converting your photo into a cartoon, drawing or billboard with free online downloads. Best of all, these photos capture the emotions the family shares: the excitement, surprise and warmth of the season.
Before and After Christmas
Christmas is filled with many great moments and festivities. Capture the essence of Christmas by taking a series of photos during family activities.
Baking biscuits and cooking a feast . Don’t worry about getting your clothes dirty because you can always use a gentle yet effective stain remover like Ariel to bring them back to life.
Decorating the house and the tree
Enjoying the big Christmas dinner and grandma’s special dessert
Open gifts and play with toys (to contrast with pretty wrapped gifts under the tree)
A tradition unique to your family
Use the “burst mode” or continuous shooting mode to get a series of photos that are candid and show fun in motion.
To set a Christmas mood, turn off lamps and let your Christmas tree lights illuminate faces. Also, lots of candles w ill add ambience to your images. Clever techniques include turning off the flash, or if you can, using a slow shutter speed or low -light setting on your camera.
- Choose a different angle or pose to keep everyone looking happy and bright.
- From above (stand on a chair or ladder) so everyone is looking up
- On the floor with heads together forming a circle
- Everyone in a row, arranged by height and peeking out from behind each other
- Holding hands and jumping with joy
- Arm-in-armor cuddled together in your pajamas
A Christmas album is a wonderful way to remember the occasion as well a great sentimental gift for out of town relatives that can feature the following moments:
- 12 Days of Christmas—from stockings to the day after
- Celebrate baby’s first Christmas
- Show images of holiday guests and parties
- Christmas meal recipes—from baking to savoring these treasured dishes Include images from the rest of the year