There are many different types of concealers out there, each with its own special purpose. Let's get to know what's available so that you can choose the right ones for you.
How to choose the right concealer color
- The color should not be either too bright or too dark, because this can actually make dark spots more obvious. Choose a color somewhere between your skin color and the color of the dark spot. In other words, it should be slightly darker than your skin, but lighter than what you are trying to cover.
- The right color depends on the type of dark circles.
For brownish dark circles caused by pigmentation, use a yellowish color. For bluish circles caused by insufficient blood circulation, orange or pink are recommended.
What type of concealer do you need?
The type you should use depends on the hardness and coverage you need.
When it comes to coverage, sticks and pencils are better than creams, and creams are better than liquids.
The coverage and type depends of what you care about most, so consider the following points.
- Sticks and pencils are best for dark spots that require the most coverage. Use these at the actual spot and do not try to fade it out.
- Creams are good for larger areas such as melasma, and dull areas. Cover these completely, but the edges need to be faded out to make them look natural.
- Liquids are good for use around the eyes including dark circles that easily become dry and messy. Apply and fade it out starting below the bags of the eyes.
Concealers right order of application
The order of application depends of the type of foundation used. Liquids and creams should be applied after the foundation but before the face powder.
Powders should be used after the primer but before applying the foundation.
Avail discounts and bundling offers: